“We chose 521 Corporate Center for our corporate headquarters because of its excellent proximity to Ballantyne, first-class amenities and the high-quality infrastructure put in place by Merrifield Partners.”
John Carlson CEO,
Sharonview Federal Credit Union
MPV Properties predecessor, Merrifield Partners, identified an opportunity to create a corporate park that combined the proximity of Ballantyne with the aggressive tax advantages of South Carolina. 521 Corporate Center opened in 2001 as a 67-acre corporate park located three miles south of Ballantyne along the state line. The project development included:
- Identified, acquired and master planned the site
- Installed the park’s infrastructure: utilities, roads and amenities
- Developed two speculative office buildings
- Developed a 40,000 square foot build to suit for Wellman, Inc.
- Attracted corporate headquarter operations for Sharonview Federal Credit Union, and Senderra Mortgage
- Established protective covenants and architectural guidelines for the park
At 521 Corporate Center created an ideal environment for corporate headquarter operations, while establishing a precedent for first class office parks along the Highway 521 corridor in Lancaster County.